Who's shaping your child's educational future?
Get to know your School Trustee Candidates and choose wisely. Choosing the right one will make all the difference in the world for you and your child in the best possible ways. Learn More
Welcome to Youth Fitness Guy
Hi, my name is David Kittner. As Youth Fitness Guy, I've dedicated my life to enhancing the physical, emotional and educational well-being of children through play, physical activity and athlete development. I work with parents, guardians, teachers, coaches and fitness trainers to help create a positive physical culture for children and youth. I'm a Youth Fitness & Sports Performance Coach, Mental Health Advocate, Speaker, Workshop Presenter and Author. If you ever have any questions, please contact me
WHAT I DO
This short video explains what Youth Fitness Guy is all about. My hope is that this site will become a go-to resource for anyone looking for ideas and inspiration to help kids get moving while having fun. What would you like to see here? I'd love to get your feedback. Let's talk!
WHAT I BELIEVE
Kids are not miniature adults and adult "fitness" and "training" programs have no place with kids. Kids are completely different in every way. Childhood is a process of growth and development, not a race. Having fun is paramount and should be the focus at all times. Let's turn kids on to the wonders of play and physical activity so they can develop and appreciate a lifelong love of healthy active living.
CHANGING 1 CHILD, 1 TEACHER, 1 COACH AT AT TIME
Well it’s final! After much soul searching, self-reflection and conversations with several close friends and advisers, I signed the papers on Friday, September 12 at Peterborough City Hall to make it official to seek one of two positions of Public School Board Trustee for the Kawartha Pine Ridge District School Board in Peterborough, Ontario.
After over twenty years of working with children, eight of those of which were spent working as a Montessori Teacher in Brampton and Orangeville, I decided it was time to take my passion and advocacy for children to a whole new level. I’m looking forward to new challenges and opportunities to benefit the students of the Kawartha Pine Ridge District School Board.
You can read more about my decision here courtesy of the Peterborough Examiner Article.
If you have questions or would like to support my campaign please contact me via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 705-761-4630.
If you are a parent, coach or guardian, listening to this show is a must! Check out what Youth Fitness Guy has to say about our youth physical culture in this interview on Fitness Radio
$1000 DONATED TO MISSISSAUGA YOUTH GAMES
I would like to thank each and everyone of you who voted for me in the Everest Academy S.E.L.F. Awards
. Because of your kindness I was able to present a cheque for $1000 to the Mississauga Youth Games
. Pictured here are members of the MY Games Board of Directors and Mississauga Mayor Hazel McCallion. Your kindness will make a difference in the lives of children.
2012 EVEREST ACADEMY S.E.L.F. FITNESS AWARD
Everyone who supported me has played a huge role in helping to change lives. The Mississauga Youth Games
(an amazing charity that provides opportunities for under-served kids to experience the joy of play and sport) will receive $1000 as a result of this win. From the depths of my heart and soul, I sincerely THANK YOU!
David Kittner, Youth Fitness Guy:
- Passionate, caring and dedicated with over 20 years experience working with children and youth
- Truly understands the unique sciences associated with child development and the practical means by which those must be applied to any fitness or sport-based venture
- Leading authority among more than 2,500 Youth Fitness Specialists that make up the International Youth Conditioning Association (IYCA)
- Contributing author to the bestselling book, "The Definitive Guide to Youth Athletic Strength, Conditioning and Performance"
- Contributor to Ontario Minor Hockey Association's Hometown Hockey Magazine
- Certified Youth Fitness Specialist, Youth Speed and Agility Specialist and Youth Nutrition Specialist with the International Youth Conditioning Association
- Certified Functional Strength Coach with Michael Boyle of Michael Boyle Strength and Conditioning
- Mental Health Advocate trained in safeTALK and ASIST
An Active Child is a Learning Child